Friday, September 30, 2011

Plunging Into The DSLR Phenonema


Melissa & Dennis' wedding - another view from Neil van Niekerk on Vimeo.


So I have finally made the plunge. I have laboured with my trusty Canon HV30 and it has served me well but it time to get me some of that DSLR video goodness. I have been courting a serious window shopping for all different types of DSLR, mirrorless and Micro four thirds cameras for quite some time. One of my friends was like "O lawd just buy the ting already!!!" What she didn't know was the true range of choices before me. So in my usual REBEL style I made the best bang for buck decision- the Nikon D3100. It ships to my neck of the woods next week.

I was initially going for the Canon T3i but due to a tight financial situation the Nikon fit my budget without compromising video quality as much as I previously thought. My only problem is that the Nikon D3100 doesn't have an audio input however since all my upcoming work utalizes the Tascam DR-05- (a superb audio recording device!!!)- I can live with lining my audio and video from separate sources in my post production.

The above video showcases the superb quality you can get out of the Nikon D3100. Again I will stress its not always about your gear but how you use what you have.

1 comment:

  1. hii.. Nice Post

    For latest stills videos visit ..

    www.chicha.in

    www.chicha.in

    ReplyDelete

Rebel Stream